Indian Ocean Paddlers, Inc was launched in 2008 and is dedicated to down wind ocean paddling
- We are fortunate enough to have some of WA’s best paddlers in our ranks. Paddlers, such as Ash Nesbit and Dean Beament, who organise training groups and special skills sessions throughout the the year either by themselves or with other top paddlers. Through our elite paddlers contacts ,we are able to have world class paddlers , provide clinics when they are in town. If you wish to know more about these sessions please contact email@example.com, or subscribe to our newsletters and we will get information to you regarding upcoming training opportunities .
- Currently we can offer early morning group training sessions at Sorrento and are looking to join with other surf clubs to train with them, for more information on training sessions and times please see the training link on the menu bar.
- Summer Series Time Trials – In summer we run a series of time trials of varying lengths with different start and end points so that our members can monitor their fitness levels and train in a group environment.
- As an affiliate club of Canoeing WA , we also provide insurance coverage for our members in club organised events, and cheaper entry into CWA events .
- We have a committee that is working hard to develop ocean paddling, and liaises closely with the various similarly orientated WA sporting bodies and with the appropriate regulatory authorities .
We do not offer:
- We don’t have club rooms so we can’t offer boat storage
- We don’t have any boats for people to try or hire but we can put you in touch with various people who may be able to assist you.
- We don’t do ‘social paddles’ although we do socialise after paddles – downwind paddling requires concentration and focus and some of the C graders steer terribly so you don’t want to be close to us!
As a result we’re probably not a good club for beginner paddlers. We do have a good mix of levels of paddlers, from the elite guys to the slower but enthusiastic C grade. If you’re interested but not sure if the club is a match for you, you’re welcome to come along to a couple of paddles and see what you think before you join.