2015/16 Summer Series
The 2015/16 Astute Capital Management Summer Series of time trials is an 7 race series where your best 5 results count towards your overall placing at the end of the series. This series is open to all paddlers not just members of CWA clubs. We ask, nay, beg that you do not front up for the races with your favourite Avon plastic complete with trailing rudder – trailing rudders are to downwind open ocean races what under-slungs are to white water – a very poor choice.
So come on down to the events and see if downwind ocean paddling is for you, we have water safety at all events and prizes post event, nothing fancy, bragging rights are the main thing here.
Race fees are $15 per race for IOP members and $25 for non-members.
Please use your CWA membership ID to get the discounted entry price.
Note that the race entry system is not linked to the CWA system so please allow a day or two for CWA membership database to be manually synchronised with the online rego system . Or e-mail us and we can update as soon as our timetable allows.
Unless noted otherwise in the Series Race Information table :
- Race day registration is from 2.45 pm, in the car park just south of Clancy’s restaurant, at City Beach.
- Race briefing will be at 3.20 pm .
- Race start at 3:30 pm ( first wave ).
- Three separate, self seeded race starts – Slow/inexperienced, followed by intermediate/experienced, then elite paddlers .
- Race finishes in front of the Surf Club at Sorrento Beach.
- Mandurah races start in Castaway Canal, off the Dawesville Channel at 2:00pm, finish at Mandurah SLSC . Course maps are available here .
Series Leader Board
You will be able to find out whose front running the pack on our Series Leader Board .